Helping to Promote a Healthy & Compliant Workplace for All
The laws that govern employees, employers, and overall workplace behavior are constantly evolving. Failing to comply with these laws, or having employment documents which are outdated or incorrect, can result in administrative penalties or costly legislation. If you are looking to update your company's personnel policies, are facing claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, or are facing a government, having a team of employment lawyers can be hugely helpful.
We are proud to assist employers as they address potential issues before they become problems, as well as providing tenacious defense should litigation become necessary. Given our extensive experience serving both businesses and individuals in a wide variety of practice areas, we are uniquely qualified to provide effective representation for both employers and employees.
We can assist employers with a wide variety of matters, including:
- Conducting workshops and seminars for your company's supervisors or human resources representatives to educate them in areas such as unlawful or sexual harassment, diversity issues pertaining to race, gender, or LGBT matters, discipline procedures, workplace violence, lawful hiring, and the basics of employment law.
- Assisting in internal investigations of employee misconduct such as harassment complaints, including providing an objective third-party evaluation of the pertinent employment issue and recommending corrective action up to and including termination.
- Defending clients in discrimination or workplace harassment cases as well as tort and contract claims. These can include wrongful discharge, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of covenants not to compete.
- Guiding companies through terminations and helping minimize the risk of litigation related to employment, as well as helping them prepare for government audits or investigations.
Providing Tenacious Representation for Wronged Employees
Our team at Kennedy Berkley Yarnevich & Williamson is among the leading firms providing employment law representation in Kansas. We can help employees in disputes relating to claims of harassment, discrimination, overtime pay, unpaid wages, retaliation, medical leave issues, whistleblowing, and much more.
Our areas of representation include:
- Employment Litigation
- Supervisor Training
- Human Resources Counseling
- Workplace Investigations
- Agency Proceedings & Compliance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Employee Benefits
- OSHA/Workplace Safety
- Wage & Hour/FLSA
Call us today at (785) 825-4674 to speak to one of our employment lawyers about your situation and learn more about your options.